Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Better late than never : Advent

We're a bit late with Advent in our house. Unfortunately more pressing things, like course work, saw this little project pushed back. But now I've finished my module, just in time, and we're back on track for Christmas.

I had meant to sew up some sort of advent calender this year (and last year) but I'm happy with what I've put together.

I'm calling it "Letters from Santa". We've been doing it for a few days now, and had such treats as chocolates, stickers and a letter from Santa instructing us to enjoy a breakfast out on Sunday as well as a swim. What a good old fella Santa is! Today's included a chocolate, as well as a note saying that we are to visit Santa today for a photo.

Thursday's letter will include a picture of The Wiggles—we are seeing them in concert later that day. I'm also including treats such as bubbles, balloons, crayons and other activities like drawing a picture for Santa (instead of writing a letter), see Christmas lights, and Fish and Chips for dinner one night (his favourite). I know he is still a little young to understand it all, but I don't think that's the point. It's all about having fun and making nice memories hey?

No comments: