Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Advent calendars, wreaths and more

Image from The Red Thread

Well it's 2 December already, and already I have failed to reach one of my Christmas goals. 1 December's goal was to get the tree up and decorate it. But it's up high in the cupboard, well out of this vertically challenged girl's reach. So, we'll have to wait until the tall Dutch guy is home this afternoon to get it out and get to work on it.

My second goal was to make an advent calendar. There are so many great ones out there, but I love love LOVE this one by Lisa Tilse at The Red Thread. I love the birds and the way Lisa has embroidered each of them and the paper she has chosen is just beautiful. But with not much time on my hands, and many more things on my 'try to do' list, I've decided to make a scaled down, 12 day version. Which I think is enough for a just turned 2 year old, don't you think? It's nearly finished and I will blog about it real soon.

My third goal is to make a new wreath. I'm not sure if this one will be reached. But how I would love one like these ones by Lobster and Swan.

Image from here.

Some of my other goals are to cut out snow flakes for Little Man and hang them from the ceiling, finish off these illustrations for my nephew and to make my own Christmas card and have it printed in time to make the last Christmas mail!

Enough blogging now. I really should get to work!

No comments: