Thursday, July 16, 2009

One quilt down...

This hasn't been a totally craft-free zone.

Finn's quilt is totally finished and is happily in use for these cold Wintry nights. And it only took me a year and a half! Well, I had a baby in between starting and finishing so that's my excuse, but not much of one if you read how Leslie gets things done! That girl is amazing and makes some beautiful things.

This is the first quilt I've ever made and I must say I have total respect for those serial quilters - it's hard, involved and precise work - but definitely worth the effort.



I would change a few things if I did this one again - I'd choose different fabrics, perhaps not Bob the Builder, but it was cheap ($3 per metre) and it went with the fabrics I already had in my stash. I do like the simple quilting and the binding is so, so neat! I never thought it possible.

Next on the to-do list is a quilt for Hannah. The top is half done (a terrible photo, I'm sorry) and I have until next Winter to finish it - I love long time lines.

No comments: